Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Miyunn Jasmine: Model with a Mission

Friends in her native North Carolina called her “Miss Hollywood” when she was six because she loved the limelight. She still does, when it comes to modeling on the runway. “It’s a feeling I get that tops everything else. The music, the lights, I’m pumped and excited. For a few minutes my game face is on and nothing else matters. It’s not about the money, its knowing that people can see me shining, that no one can touch me. I feel I’m unstoppable,” said Miyunn Jasmine. But she also knows about giving. From age seven on, along with her two brothers, she was volunteering for local charities with her mother. Although her mother was terribly sick, underwent fourteen operations, and lived a very humble life she always made a priority to give to others, and taught her daughter to do the same. Miyunn describes her mother as a, “walking, talking miracle with a heart of gold.” That is why she is now working for San Diego Event Management, a company that will provide a variety of services, one of which is charity fashion shows. Along with President Del Heles, she hopes to combine her love of fashion with her passion for charity work, and make sure that models get compensated as well. “The idea of helping someone and doing what I love is a no brainer. In North Carolina models get paid for charity shows, and it is something I would like to see happen in San Diego,” explained Jasmine. With future plans in mind she organized the modeling show “Infusion” at the Red Circle featuring clothing lines JINX, Britboy Fashions, and Thurty Rocks hoping to also utilize it as a modeling casting call for San Diego Event Management. “I know I am blessed with my mother’s heart and long after she is gone it will be her legacy that will continue to drive my ambition and hopes for this company.”
"Infusion" models took to the runway at the crowded Ruby Room with JINX, a casual clothing line for men and women featuring tees with colorful designs and jeans, embroidered button down shirts, and plaid sweaters and shirts. Thurty Rocks featured dressy mini-dresses with shimmery fabrics, ruffles, sequins, and elegant but sexy cuts. Britboy Fashions displayed their sexy, casual wear for men and women, with modern, hip mini-dresses in print, stripes, and bright colors for women, and white casual jackets and comfy tees for men.  Photography by KatherineWilliams.
Britboy Fashions
Britboy Fashions

Thurty Rocks
Thurty Rocks
JINX
JINX

No comments:

Post a Comment